Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Acknowledging Bartimaeus

And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.
Luke 18:42 KJV

This is truly one of my favorite verses stemming from one of the my favorite stories in the Bible. Reading this last night I was genuinely inspired, I was moved physically and spiritually. I found a new prospective, truly another point of direction. Life is broken down into 3 phases, chance, choices and faith. I really want to break this down for you and show you what I saw in this verse. Bare with me as I take you into my vision. This will be truly the sight unseen.

Everyone knows the story of how Jesus gave sight to (Bartimaeus) the blind man. The most logical interpretation to gather is that when you turn unto the Lord he will give you sight. Which in my humble opinion is true. We are all blind, in darkness until we turn to Christ in which we are given life and is restored. In John 8:12 Jesus himself says I am the light of the world. Nobody looks at the forthcoming of Bartimaeus. In that short period of time he showed you his humbleness, persistence, and his faith. Last night I took the prospective of the blind man.

In the story (Luke 18:35-43) Bartimaeus hollered Jesus name and was rebuked by some of the followers. He was told to hold his peace. So he hollered louder for Christ and was recognized... That spoke so much to me. This blind man in the presence on Jesus, defied what is accustom. He didn't watch his blessing pass by, he spoke up. To me, this is how society is. What is not ordinary is disapproved of which makes people afraid to step out on a limb. So many of us will watch our blessing walk by right in front of us because we are afraid to do what is not normal. Even if we tried once and is rejected we will shut it down completely. Are you traveling against the grain or are you only willing to smooth sail?

I said that to say this, people will not always understand your effort. Some will not understand what is your cause, your passion, or your willingness to do what you're doing. Like Bartimaeus, you don't know what i'm hollering for. You're not trying receive what i'm trying to receive. You have to suffered what i've suffered, cry for what i've cried for, and fall where I've failed to understand what i'm trying to accomplish. Trying receive sight, a range of vision, trying to receive a blessing. On that day he receive brand new eyes because of his persistence. It was his perseverance and his humbleness that helped him receive what he sought after. Knowing what he wants and going after it. Are you willing?

No comments:

Post a Comment